Get lengthier and more specialized research help with our book an appointment service.
Visit the Research Help Desk on the main floor of the Library for help.
Workshops are scheduled throughout the term.
How-to guides and videos on writing, research and citation
1. Google Scholar searches articles, theses, books, abstracts and court opinions, from academic publishers, professional societies, online repositories, universities and other web sites.*
* The majority of sources will be behind pay-walls and you will not be able to access them.
2. You can optimize Google Scholar to search Ryerson's collection which you are allowed to access*
* If you are off campus, you will be asked to log-in with your Ryerson ID.
If you love Google, Google Scholar can be an easy way to search for articles. You can use Google Scholar to search TMU’s databases. When searching at home, follow these instructions to enable access.
* You can only enable Google Scholar to access TMU databases and articles and you will be asked to log in using your Ryerson ID.
1. Click on Settings (Top Right Corner)
2. Next click on “Library Links” (On the Left-hand Side)
3. Type in Toronto Metropolitan University and Check it off.
(Now you have access but you will be asked to log-in with your TMU ID)